Why Florida Tech?
Florida Institute of Technology is a national, doctoral-granting research university with a unique focus on hands-on education within an engaging technological environment. Times Higher Education ranks Florida Tech in the Top 200 Universities in the World. It’s also the only private, independent technological university in the Southeast, and has been named a “Best Southeastern College” by the Princeton Review from 2006 to 2014. Florida Tech offers more than 160 world-class bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in engineering, aeronautics, science, business, psychology, communication and humanities. All of its curricula combine rigorous, engaging course work with dynamic laboratory and research experience. We call this approach “High Tech with a Human Touch,” and it’s what makes Florida Tech a truly unique national research university.
With our focus on student success, Florida Institute of Technology’s mission is to provide high-quality education to a culturally diverse student body in order to prepare students for entering the global workforce, seeking higher-education opportunities, and serving within their communities. The university also seeks to expand knowledge through basic and applied research and to serve the diverse economic, cultural and societal needs of our local, state, national and international constituencies.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Fostering and sustaining a productive institutional culture of assessment leading to the continuous improvement of academic and administrative programs in order to promote student development;
- Developing an organizational culture that values and encourages intellectual curiosity, a sense of belonging and shared purpose among faculty, students and staff, and the pursuit of excellence in all endeavors;
- Recruiting and developing faculty who are internationally recognized as educators, scholars and researchers;
- Achieving recognition as an effective, innovative, technology-focused educational and research institution;
- Recruiting and retaining an excellent, highly select and culturally diverse student body;
- Continually improving the quality of campus life for all members of the university community;
- Providing personal and career growth opportunities for both traditional and nontraditional students and members of the faculty and staff;
- Securing and maintaining professional accreditation for all appropriate programs.
Florida Tech is located in Brevard County on the Space Coast. As a Brevard college, you will not be surprised to find out that its first students were engineers who worked at Cape Canaveral, now known as the Kennedy Space Center. Not only is the area home to NASA and many high-tech companies, it just happens to be minutes from beautiful beaches in Central Florida, the world's leading vacation destination.
If you’re interested in surfing, fishing, diving, swimming, boating, biking, canoeing, hiking, sailing and windsurfing, are just a few of the recreational activities you can enjoy at this Brevard college on Florida's Space Coast.
The Space Coast has a lot more to offer than outdoor activities. The area has a great zoo, museums, lots of movies and great restaurants. You’ll want to visit the downtown area of Melbourne where you can sit and eat at an outside restaurant on balmy evenings, hanging out with your friends.
By choosing a Brevard college like Florida Tech you will wake up each day knowing that you live in a beautiful location near the pristine beaches of the Space Coast, minutes from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center with a vibrant campus life in scenic and sunny Florida.