- Author: pcufdotnet
- Date Posted: Dec 2, 2013
- Address: 421 N Woodland Blvd, DeLand, FL 32723
Stetson University, located in DeLand, Florida, was founded in 1883.
The information provided below pertains to undergraduate studies on the DeLand campus in the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business Administration and the School of Music.
The university’s accreditations include:
- AACSB International
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- American Bar Association, American Chemical Society
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
Stetson University consistently ranks in the "Top 5 Best Colleges in the South" by U.S. News & World Report, which has also ranked Stetson University in the "Top 5 Best Value" in our category, indicating a high return on investment. Stetson University is also one of the only six schools in Florida to host a chapter of the prestigious academic honorary society Phi Beta Kappa.
Stetson University's historic main campus is situated in the heart of downtown DeLand, Florida, a community about 20 minutes from Daytona Beach, Florida, and about 40 minutes from Orlando, Florida.
The Stetson University College of Law is located in Gulfport, Florida, and the university maintains two satellite centers—the Center at Celebration in Celebration, Florida, and the Tampa Law Center in Tampa, Florida.
- Total Enrolled: 2,500
- Male: 44%
- Female: 56%
- Number of States Represented: 43
- Number of Countries Represented: 47
- Minority Students: 32.8%
- Students Living on Campus: 66%
- Average Weighted GPA: 3.77
- Average SAT (mean): 1156
- Average ACT (mean): 24.5
- Average Class Size: 20
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 12:1
Number of Instructional Faculty
- Total: 189 Full Time, 87 Adjunct
- Full Time Faculty Holding Terminal Degrees: 95%
- Rolling Admission: Priority Dates
- Early Decision: N/A
- Regular Decision: Priority Date: December 1, March 15
- Completed Application
- Application Fee
- Official High School Transcript
- Writing Sample
Opportunities to Strengthen Application
- Official SAT/ACT Scores
- Counselor/Teacher Recommendation(s)
The Office of Student Financial Planning at Stetson University is committed to help make higher education affordable to our students. Approximately 98 percent of Stetson University families receive financial aid. In addition to Stetson University's academic, athletic and talent scholarships, we are able to provide numerous endowed scholarships through the generosity of our donors. Eligibility for need-based grants or loans, federal grants or loans, and work-study is determined through completion of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Florida state aid, such as the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship and the Florida Resident Access Grant, may be applied to Stetson University with submission of the FAFSA. The CSS Profile is required to receive institutional, need-based aid. When students apply for admission to Stetson University, they are applying for academic merit-based scholarships. These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the high school record, standardized testing and community service record.